Monday, December 30, 2013

Women love lingeries


Women wear lingerie for reasons as varied as there are styles of lingerie, so when exploring why any woman may enjoy wearing things like stockings, garters, or sexy corsets, it’s more important to know the woman in question than to assume that she wears sexy lingerie for any of the reasons below. Of course, with that in mind, here are some of the reasons that I love to wear lingerie, regardless of the event or season!

Sexy lingerie feels daring – There’s just something special about knowing that beneath ordinary clothing, you’re wearing something outrageous. It changes my posture and my attitude when I feel like a knockout under my jeans, and I know that nobody is in on the secret but me. That’s serious secret agent provocateur stuff right there!

Beautiful lingerie makes me feel feminine – I’m somewhat inconsistent when it comes to how I express my gender identity. I have very short hair. I play roller derby. Some days I wear men’s clothing, and some days I wear dresses and flowers in my hair. On days that I am feeling powerful and female, there’s nothing like a beautiful lacy lingerie set, or a pretty teddy to really round out my look for the day, and complete my expression of who I am at this particular moment in time.

Lingerie Helps My Relationship With my Husband – And not in the way you’d think! You see, I thrive on attention. I want people to be bowled over by how amazing I am. Unfortunately, when you live with someone 24/7, their presence becomes entirely commonplace and unremarkable. I don’t wear sexy lingerie for my husband (well, maybe a little). I wear it because when he sees me in a sexy burlesque outfit, he sees me differently. He sees me as someone enticing and desirable. Not that he doesn’t feel that way the rest of the time, but I get a huge kick when he’s demonstrative about it, and sometimes a corset and garters is all the nudge he needs.

Sexy lingerie is empowering – There’s an obvious feminist argument to make about whether or not sexualized clothing is empowering. To that, I say, lingerie empowers ME, and that’s all I need to know. I don’t wear lingerie to excite the male or the female gaze in particular, I wear it because it excites gazes period, and that makes me feel good. I don’t even need an audience to feel empowered by thigh highs and a bustier. Sometimes I wear sexy underwear around the house when no one is home, just because I like to vogue in the mirror and remind myself that this is my body, and I love it. I love it naked, and I love it covered in lace or frothy chiffon. I love my body when it’s bruised from a roller derby bout, and I love it when I have some sharp black contrast on my light colored skin. I love the shapes my body makes when I dance. Perhaps this makes me vain, but I’m of the belief that before anyone else can love you, you must love yourself. Sometimes, beautiful lingerie just helps me love myself a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment